Welcome to Harrison, NY
Harrison is a town/village located 22 miles north of Manhattan. Although Harrison provides an easy commute to New York City, the way of life is easygoing and relaxed. The community is diversified with a population that includes a multitude of nationalities. ln addition to magnificent homes, situated on sprawling acreage, Harrison has vibrant downtown neighborhoods with their own history and character. More than 27,000 residents enjoy living in an area convenient to shopping, restaurants, recreation, entertainment, public transportation and more.
Within our town you will find schools with exceptional, nationally recognized, programs. Harrison also has a dynamic recreation department that offers year round in-door and out-door programs for children and adults. Swimming, tennis, baseball, softball and lacrosse can be enjoyed in the various parks and ball fields around town. The annual, "lt's Great to Live in Harrison/Columbus Day" celebration draws thousands of residents and visitors. Marching bands and community organizations parade down Main Street and an old fashioned festa, with live entertainment, games, raffles, and food vendors, is enjoyed by many.
Be sure to visit our website on a regular basis for the latest information on activities, and events hosted by our local organizations. You may also wish to subscribe to receive news and announcements. Click Here
- Town/Village Board Meeting, Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 7:30 p.m.
- Purchase Fire District - Notice of Annual Election, December 13, 2016 between the hours of 6:00 PM and 9:00 PM at the firehouse located at 614 Anderson Hill Road
- Holiday Celebration, Visit with Santa, Enjoy Tree and Menorah Lighting, Hot Cocoa and Holiday Entertainment on Sunday, December 4, 2016 from 3:30 to 5:30 PM in Ma Riis Park
- Street Opening Permit Moratorium
- Halstead Ave - Milling and Paving